Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Serger Cover

I have a cat, and she is not a helpful cat. She pulls thread, and unwinds bobbins. I needed something to cover up my serger because she keeps pulling the threads (all 4 of them) and I have re-threaded my machine too many times! I got tired of it, and decided Ill just use some of the fabric I have and some that I used for the sewing machine mat, and make a cover. Simple, easy solution!

Its a really easy layout. I cut out two large squares for the sides that were big enough to cover the machine. I then cut ONE long strip that was as wide as the machine, and long enough to go from the front of the machine, over the top, to the back. (In other words, long enough for 3 sides of the square, with a little extra).

I then sew the squares on, stopping 1/4 of an inch from each corner, so I can turn the to fabrics and continue sewing. If you want to see something closer to what I did, check out the appliance covers I made awhile back (just take out the piping).




It was done with in an hour and I added some interface to give it some stiffness. My cat has not touched my threads!! Problem is now solved. Yahoo.

Make a Cover,
Sarah

No comments: