Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Blog Around the World Tour

I was nominated by Cheryl from Sweet Dreams Quilting who is apart of my Quilt Inspiration 365 group. Be sure to check out her post (which was last week), and leave a comment.

Now on to the questions:

What am I working on?
 I am in the middle of several projects (as I am almost all the time). I am working on our bedroom decor (quilted comforter), blocks for a block swap, a Halloween door hanger, and a few Halloween costumes.
Quilt top almost done.

Quilt top done, just needs to be sandwiched with the back and quilted.

Part of a block swap I am doing.

In the middle of this Halloween door hanger.








How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I try to get away from the "old school" styles, and I try to just bring a lot of my "on the fly" style into all my works. I am a little modern with a small love for some of the traditional items, but I am into working on stuff that you don't see a lot of. I like making door hangers (instead of wreaths), I enjoy making burp cloths (from scratch) and bibs too. If I see something I like, but can't afford it, my way around it is to try and make it! I'm that kind of "style".

Why do I write/create what I do?
I do it because its my passion. I want to help others, I love to share my ideas, and I love to know that what I am doing could have some impact (if only one person), its an impact! I love giving, and I feel like when I make something homemade, that its like I am giving them a piece of who I am, and what I want them to remember me as. I want them to feel loved because I didn't just rush out and buy something, I spent time making it. Thats why I make these quilts and projects, and write these posts. We all should be thankful for what we have, and remember that so many others need more. I just want to make a change somewhere, even if its small, its a change.

How does my writing/creative process work?
I am kind of inspired by almost anything. A car, a bike, a color, a style, another persons project, etc. Once I am inspired by something, I google, jump on pinterest and any other media site I can; and thats where I dig deep to find patterns or other ideas. Once I have a full blown idea of what I want to do, I draw it out. I then check my stash, and create. When I am writing; I am a little more unorganized. I kind of just work with what the audience wants to see, and then fill in around those posts. I eventually blog almost everything, but just takes me time!

I am nominating Megan over at Sew Stitching Cute . You have a week, please answer the questions above, and post your post on September 29.

I look forward to all the wonderful post!

Thanks For Checking My Blog Out,
Sarah

2 comments:

Sew Stitching Cute said...

Can't wait for my turn! I am seriously dieing over how well that quilt is coming along! If you get a chance when your'e done, totally take a picture outside so the colors can really be seen! It is wonderful work! That quilt wall hanging for halloween is turning out really well! I do NOT have the patience for paper piecing so my hat is off to you! And of course all the other stuff... I love... haha. :o)

The Pitcher Family Adventures said...

Me too! I finally purchased the batting for the hexi quilt, now I just need the cash to buy the back fabric and I can make it! YAY. So close.... I think thats my nitch, piecing a million small pieces together. Although, I was working on it tonight and walked away. it just was not working out the way I wanted to! Can't wait to see your post next week!