Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mitered Corners Tutorial

I made a quilt top a few weeks ago and had a ton of quilters ask me how I made my mitered corners in my sashing. I figured I would make a video so all those wonderful quilters could see how simple it really is.



The things that you will need is a ruler, 1/4 inch sewing machine foot (or a mark on your machine), a washable fabric pen, and scissors.

To get started cut your strips but make sure to add the extra on both ends. I explain the math in the video, so watch it and you will understand. Another way, is to cut the sashing, sew them together in one long line and then just sew it on, and cut it when you come to the end of each side.

Please feel free to share this video, and link back here. Leave a comment and spread the word!!



Thanks For Watching,
Sarah

No comments: