Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

August Give Thanks, Week 1

August 1:
     Thankful today for the AMAZING package I received in the mail from Teresa Pino. I asked a quilting group for scraps of yellow fabric, to work on a block... and Teresa sent me an entire box of amazing fabric, tools, a pattern and a cute bag. She went beyond what I could have ever imagined. I cried when I opened it up, it was just so overwhelming to be blessed with such amazing things.


August 2:
    Thankful today that I received my first batch of block swaps! Its such a great feeling to know that there are such wonderful people who are willing to spend time making blocks for others. Its so much fun too.

August 3:
     I have to say that today I am thankful the wonderful customer service Starbucks gave us. I went to a Starbucks drive thru on Aug 2, and my drink was HORRIBLE! It didn't taste like a caramel frap. at all. I didn't turn around and drag my two kids and bad drink back, because both my kids were passed out. I just couldn't do that to them. When I contacted Starbucks, they emailed back the next day and refunded the amount of the drink, plus an additional amount for their mistake. They even double checked which store it was so they could send in the information to them. Thankful for amazing customer service. I didn't even expect to get a response back until Monday!

August 4:
     Thankful today for my wonderful husband who let me go back to sleep after I woke up with the kids, because I wasn't feeling that well. After my little nap, I woke up and felt a lot better. Nothing like a wonderful husband who is willing to help you feel better.

August 5:
     Thankful for options, life options.

August 6:
     Thankful for the simple internal peace I have been feeling lately. I am not sure if its me finding my self again, or if life is finally falling into place, but whatever it is, it feels great!

August 7:
     While making dinner tonight, my son just would not stop crying and being upset at me. I finally had to pick him up, but he wouldn't let me put him down. I was at a loss. I needed to make dinner and he just was too heavy for me to hold with one hand.... Thankful for those wonderful shoulders of mine!

Give Thanks,
Sarah

1 comment:

tpino said...

Awwww! Just saw this! I'm thankful I was able to help a fellow quilter! Love your blog!