Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Nautical Door Hanger and Photo Banner

I always love seeing those door hangers that welcome you to the party in style. Its my new obsession for any party. I made a mickey mouse wreath for my sons 2nd birthday party, and a 4th of July door hanger for the summer; so for me it was only fitting I made one for my sons nautical themed birthday party.

To make the door hanger, I wanted it to be an anchor as the main focus; so I purchased craft foam in orange and navy blue. I also grabbed foam letters in white to add a description on the door hanger.

I then printed the anchor at about 300% more than the original, cut it out, and traced it onto the foam. I then wanted to add a little more to it, so I cut out an orange foam sail boat and a wheel; which were about 175% larger than their original. I then used tacky glue to glue everything together. Lastly, I added the foam letters to say, "Jareds's 1st Birthday".

I added the twine to tie it onto the door.
It was so cute, and I hope everyone felt welcomed!
This door hanger can be made in any theme, any color, and for any kind of party. The craft foam they sell these days is in such an array of colors, you can pretty much get anything and everything.

A 1st birthday is one of those days I sit back and try to remember what my little guy looked like, how he has grown, what he has learned, and so on. One of the things I love to do is take a monthly photo and post each one at the party. Its a walk down memory lane for my guests but also for myself.

To make these photo frames I used a white card stock paper, and cut out a rectangle. I then cut out the center of it so I have a perfect frame with no cuts or piecing, its all one continues rectangle. I then use that white card stock as a template and trace it onto the scrapbook paper I got. I then cut those out and attach the printed photos to the back. I use simple photo mounting squares to attach everything together.

I then lay out how I want the banner of photos to look, and once I have it how I like it I grab my hot glue and twine. I use the same twine I have been using for the entire time, and carefully hot glue the twine to the back of each photo top and the decorative items on the end. I left a little extra twine on each end to hang them up.




Once the banner was up on the wall I was so happy with the end result. Everyone said how cute it was and a great way to see him in his stages of his first year of life. I am so happy with how everything turned out for this nautical themed birthday party, but the best part was my little guys smile!

I can't thank everyone who helped, came to the party, and gave Jared a special gift. Thank you everyone so much, it was such a special day.

Time to Party,
Sarah

No comments: