Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Shadow Box Project





When I had my first son, a wonderful friend of mine made a really cute shadow box for his room. It had all sorts of cute pictures, scrap paper, stickers, and so much work had gone in to it. I cried when I opened it. It was so perfect and such a thoughtful gift. I loved it from day one and still love it.


 This is what it looks like, and still hangs in their room today.


Then a year and some change later I found out I was pregnant with our second child. I knew instantly I wanted to make another one of the shadow boxes to keep the theme going. I purchased the same exact shadow box, and collected stickers, pictures, and everything else I could find.

I busted out my old scrapbooking tools, and started working on the shadow box. I measured a hundred times, and still managed to chop some of the stickers off, but it still is super cute! I made this around my sons 9 month or 10 months, and honestly wanted just pregnancy, delivery and baby photos.

I am so thankful for such an amazing friend who put such love and thought into the gift, because it gave me a way to capture those precious moments that go by so fast.

Heres my attempt at it:


The first one is a lot better then mine, but I love them both!

Scrapbook Away,
Sarah

No comments: