Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

March Giving Thanks, Week 3

March 15:
     Husband of course has another weekend duty/work. I am just so thankful today that he got off in a decent hour, so he could see the boys and be with them for awhile. I feel like some days he doesn't even see them at all.

March 16:
      Thankful for a chance to attend a LOCAL quilt show! Its not every day I get to drive down the street and look at some awe inspiring, and amazing art. The ladies who made some of these quilts have inspired me to get working on some art work for my sewing room.

Quilt Show, this is NOT my work.

Quilt Show, this is NOT my work.

Quilt Show, this is NOT my work.

Quilt Show, this is NOT my work.

March 17:
     Happy St. Patty's Day everyone. We are thankful for a clean bill of health for my oldest son, today; as he had his 2 year old check up. It went great and we had no issues to address.

Having LUCKY Charms for breakfast, with his GREEN cup!

March 18:
     A day in San Francisco, that is what I am so thankful for today. Family time, a fun busy city, clam chowder in a sourdough bowl, and the Aquarium my son couldn't get enough of! Best Day EVER!



March 19:
     Thankful for a small window of alone time, and just enough time to finish up one of my wall art pieces that I sewed all by hand!



March 20:
      In life we experience big events, and small everyday occurrences; but to be thankful for a friendly face, a caring small conversation, and a sweet gesture to come over and hangout, can mean more then words can describe. I walk our housing area at least 3 times a week, if not more. I see officers houses full of toys, boxes of stuff they don't use, and probably haven't touched in weeks, if not months; I see enlisted families chit chatting with their neighbors, dogs and children playing, smiling and laughing. All while I walk around, day after day, seeing mostly the same faces, and same kids. Today, a new neighbor a few streets over actual came towards me when I smiled and said hello. She stopped, chatted with me, listened, and I am sure she will never know this, but that small conversation made my week. I still don't have any friends here, and just when I thought my biggest interaction with adults on this base would be the friendly smiles; the universe shows me otherwise, letting me have a chance of making a real friend. I am thankful for that. I am thankful for the ache I feel in my heart, has dwindled slightly and a small smile has appeared on my face. Tomorrow, I'll walk around our housing area again, and it will look forward to hopefully running into her again. There are still true real people in the world, feeling what I am feeling.

March 21:
     I am thankful for my husband being able to have a short day at work so we could take the kids to the playground. Which was a ton of fun. A small moment of pure happiness.

Give Thanks,
Sarah


No comments: