Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Give Thanks December, Week 5 LAST ONE EVER!!!!

December 29:
     Its been a rough day, I am not feeling to well; but with that comes the small moments today, that I am so thankful for. My oldest, almost 3 years old, held the gate open, at the bottom of the stairs today, while my youngest and myself walked through. After, he closed it. He helped me with breakfast, even closed the gate to the kitchen, while letting me know "gate needs to stay closed". He even listened to me when I said that cereal bowls stay on the table, and he returned the bowl back to the table. I guess this new technique might actually be working. Crossing my fingers that being a kind and caring person, means that my kids will be too.

December 30:
     Thankful to finally see some of my military friends again. I missed them all while I was away. Its always so easy to slip right back into life with them. Its like we all just pick right back up where we left off, like we saw each other yesterday!

December 31:
     Thankful that today is the last day of this project, and all that I have learned to be thankful for. Its not always the big obvious things (as some days are too rough), but sometimes its the small things that matter the most. I am so thankful for everyone who supported me through this year, and reminding what I can be, should be, and am thankful for. One month of giving thanks in November just is not enough to learn anything from. A full year, a journey of sitting down each night and thinking about the great, wonderful moments of the day and the almost impossible decent moments in the hard, uneventful days. I have been reminded that each hug, kiss, and word that someone gives time to you should be something you are thankful for. Those people are giving you the time that they value, and in that time they are sharing a piece of themselves with you. Don't forget to smile, keep your chin up while walking, and work hard for each and every goal you want to succeed in the day, month, year, or lifetime.

Thank you for joining me on this year long journey. I can't believe I am done. Is it really over? I guess it is.... until next year. Happy New Year Everyone!

Give Thanks,
Sarah

1 comment:

Sew Stitching Cute said...

That is such a great year long goal and I'm so happy that you have found your spot with your spot with your gratefulness. It's been amazing watching it all and I look forward to 2015!