Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

A Quilt for a Special Baby Girl

While stationed in New Mexico, we made some wonderful friends. Right after we PCSed to California we found out they were pregnant, and shortly after heard they were having a GIRL!!

I have been so busy with my own life, I never stopped to ask how she was doing. I randomly sent her a text, only to find out she had given birth to her wonderful adorable baby girl. I was just so in awww of her, and her precious little hands. She really looks like her mommy.

I then, instantly began working on a quilt for that adorable little one. I picked out the girliest fabric and colors I had in my stash. I loved the idea of using the purples and pinks, with a soft yellow and soft blue.


I decided on these fabrics, and little by little pulled some or replaced others.


I did a bunch of HST (half square triengles), and started my process of putting them into a pattern...


Did some random sewing.... to help with ideas...


I then fell apon this star like design, and just fell in love with it.


I laid it out, and tried a few different styles of it...




I then picked this one:


...and sewed it all together....


I placed a white boarder around it, and felt it needed more.


So using, the purple fabric, I added an even larger boarder and that was it, I knew this was a finished, adorable perfect top.


I had some wonderful pink mink, and used some left over scraps to create a unique backing. I don't do simple for the people I love.


Time to quilt...


Finishing up the light blue, beautiful binding.


All done, and I am in love with it. I just wanted that little baby girl to have something extra special, just for her.


Front with back.


The FMQ (free motion quilting) I did. Not as bad as I thought it would be.


Back detail.


Had to add the label.


I also hand made her card, and really loved how the colors matched.


All in all, I received a wonderful photo and text saying they had received the quilt, and loved it! I am glad that little princess can cuddle up in it, and hopefully she keeps it for years to come.



It Was A Blessing To Make It,
Sarah

1 comment:

Sew Stitching Cute said...

Lovely blanket! I really like how it came together with the borders, it sealed the entire overall design while allowing it to be a bit bigger. Love it! The new owner looks cute with it too! :)