Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Januarys Giving Thanks Post

January is one of those months where everything seems possible and you feel like you can reach the sky if you try. Well, I am going to try to stick to this resolution and hopefully when the year is over I'll have a better look on the world!

January 1:
     Today, technology is the main thing I am thankful for. Without it my husband wouldn't have seen our youngest start to crawl (backwards) and I wouldn't have seen how excited our oldest was to "help" his daddy with his measuring tape (while in the garage).

Heres the videos:

January 2:
     Today I am thankful for the small moments with my youngest. His smiles keep me going. I love the cuddles he gives, the laughter he does when he sees me and that one moment everyday when he wakes up and looks around to try and find me! Makes my heart melt, and it makes tomorrow worth waking up for!


January 3:
     Do you have that one person you always call or text when you have a bad day or that person you just have to tell that awesome story to? My best friend is my person, the one I go to for a lot of stuff, my best friend Kim. Today, I am thankful for her. I was able to skype with her (again thanks technology), as she lives in Okinawa, Japan; and I was able to see her, chat with her, and get the information about a few things I knew she could help me out with! I just love how, even though we haven't talk in a few weeks, we can just pick up right where we left off. I love that about our friendship. Its the best kind of relationship.

When she came back to Cali for a visit!
January 4:
     Today I am thankful for the kids bed time. Its calm and quiet and I can enjoy a cup of hot chocolate without worrying its going to get spilled on someone or myself! Peace, calm and silence... yes please!

January 5:
     Today I am thankful for our small moments of family time. An example, today we went for a walk down to the lake on base. Both our kids loved it and I was able to get some "physical therapy" time in too!
The Beale Lake.

Mommy and J man!

Daddy and B man, their that small looking figure.

Family photo!
January 6:
     Today, well... its hard to find something positive to be thankful for after a very long stressful day, but I do have to say I am thankful for so many great options for eating healthier foods! I tried a great new smoothie recipe, and even my oldest son loved it! I love knowing that what I am doing for myself, to help get into my summer figure, can also start a healthier lifestyle for my entire family!



January 7:
     Today I am thankful for the small stuff. Just when I thought I couldn't stay on track (with my weight loss plan, and healthy eating) I catch the Biggest Losers new show on tonight. It reminds me its the small things in life. Just thankful for that reminder that its okay to have that ONE cookie. Especially if you have been working hard! I know I have been doing my best to eat right, and stay on track. I am thankful for that small reminder! 

January 8:
     Today I am so thankful to hold, and be able to watch, cuddle, and love on this gorgeous little baby I have. I can not stay in these moments long enough. I wish I could just hold onto these moments for a lifetime.
This is a very special moment that I enjoyed with my oldest, and now my youngest.

January 9:
     Today I am thankful for my little son Jareds first real long stride of crawling!!! Yes he has done it! He is a crawling champ now! Its moments like these that just melts my heart, and makes me feel like the luckiest mom around.

January 10:
     I am so thankful for this new house we have been so lucky to receive (thanks to military, on base, housing). The last house we had was built in the 50's and this new house makes life just that much easier. One less thing to stress about.

January 11:
     Today I am thankful for all the hard work I put in, because I am down another pant size, and another 2 lbs!!! Yay for progress!



January 12:
     I am so thankful for skype and facetime! Without them, I don't think I would "see" much of my family. I am so lucky to be able to skype with my sister and see her pregnant belly, skype with my mother to talk about the shower, and then facetime with friends to just say hello! Love it, so lucky!

January 13:
     I am so thankful today more then any other day for the amazing husband who let me NAP!!! I had to be up early for physical therapy and he let me nap for almost 3 hours. Best thing ever! I guess I am thankful for my husband and the nap, why not two things in one day!

January 14:
     I am so thankful for my amazing slow cooker!!! I can not tell you how much I love dumping a bunch of random stuff into a pot, walking away, and 6-10 hours later I get to enjoy the most AMAZING food! Everyone should own a slow cooker!!!

January 15:
     I am so thankful today is pay day! It always feels good to have money in the account. I hate seeing it slowly disappear as we pay bills, and get groceries. I wish the money could just double or triple. I wish I could win the lottery. Oh I know, I wish I just had the money to buy what I needed for my family! In the end, I am just glad to see the paycheck this week!

January 16:
     I am so thankful for the many new recipes I have been able to try lately. Most of them only cost a few bucks, for several days of food! Feels great knowing I can eat healthy but not break the bank.

Chicken Taco Chili Over Rice.

Cucumber and Tuna Sandwich.


January 17:
     Today I am thankful for the one last month of having a 1 year old. My son will turn two in exactly a month, so I am enjoying today with extra laughs, cuddles, and jumping (his new thing).


January 18:
     Well today is our 6 year wedding anniversary, so today I think its pretty obvious what I am thankful for! I can only hope for another amazing year, or ten, maybe thirty! 


January 19:
     Today I am thankful for a credit card. When you least want to make dinner, or deal with the sun in your eyes, you can purchase a curtain rod, and some dinner. I am much happier and tomorrow when the sun rises, I am sure I will be even happier!

January 20:
     Time alone, or with other adults, why yes please! I am so thankful that I get to go to physical therapy twice a week, talk to other adults (not kids), and have time alone; all while trying to improve my knee for my family, health, and happiness! Love it!

January 21:
     Today I am so thankful for the TV show The Biggest Loser. I know, lame. However, just when I am having a rough day or feeling in a rut with my weight loss; I get to see these amazing transformations, and realize how lucky I am. So glad that I have this show to motivate me, and help me realize that everything is possible with hard work and determination! I can do this! Only 54 more pounds to go!


January 22:
     I can not believe what happened today! My little J man pulled himself up AND said his first word! So, today I am thankful for those special moments!! Enjoy:


January 23:
     Today I am thankful for this day 11 years ago, when my husband (then guy friend), asked me to be his girlfriend. It was an amazing day, and I just knew he was the one! I am so lucky to spend my life with him!

January 24:
     Its the small things in life. Simply the small things. I am so thankful for the helping hand, the friendly smile at the grocery store, and that other mom who has those perfect kids- as she looks over to you (as my two upset crazy children are crying) and says, "I totally understand, today I got lucky!" Today is the day I am so thankful for those small gestures of kindness, care, compassion, or whatever it may have been to them; for me it was everything!

Yes, he did take a bite out of the tortillas and the bag; WHILE we were at the grocery store!

January 25:
     I am so blessed and thankful for the wonderful 7 month old! He, Jared man, is 7 months old today! Where has the time gone?? He is crawling, climbing over (small) things, pulling himself up (on objects lover then his chest), and saying "dada" like he means it! My heart melts, and I am getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it. 

January 26:
     I am so thankful for the "spring cleaning" bug that my husband and I both got today! We accomplished a lot, and it felt AMAZING!!! Yay!

January 27:
     Today was one of those days where I have to sit back and really think about what I am thankful for. It was not an easy day, I am extremely exhausted, but at the end of the day I am thankful for just that; the end of each day. Knowing that another day has passed by and we have all safely survived it! In other words its an awesome GOODnight to you all!

Doesn't he just look so comfy! Awwww

January 28:
     If theres one thing I am grateful for learning, its the ability to sew! I am so thankful to a friend and her mother who taught me the beginner basics. With the internet and a lot of videos, tutorials, and support groups later; I can sew a ton of hand made gifts, items for my children, or for myself even! I am so thankful for this ability as it has saved us tons of money!!

Working on a baby blanket for my sisters soon to be born son!

January 29:
     So thankful for those moments when my husband and I work together (sometimes at the same time, other times at different times), and we both benefit from it. Stuff like; ill put a load of laundry in and go to bed, and he will come home from work and make sure its in the dryer before he goes to sleep! Love it!

January 30:
     Most families have those recipes that they pass down from one generations to the next. Tonight I made one of those recipes, and I am so thankful for that recipe. Its one of my favorite meals, its simple, fast, and taste great. Not only that but my oldest son will eat tons of it, and thats a plus in my book! 

January 31:
     I can't believe it but my son pulled himself up on the coffee table today. Before he was doing it on the stairs, or a toy, today he went for the coffee table, which is level to his head! I am so thankful I got to see it and be there to cheer him on. These are the moments that just make life so special.


Give Thanks 365 Days a Year,
Sarah

No comments: